Saturday, February 18, 2012

Portugal O' Meeting 2012: The courses of the winners



Thierry Georgiou and Simone Niggli were the winners of the first stage of Portugal O' Meeting 2012. We can see now the options on their maps and also some comments about the races.


“I made a big mistake on point three, I lost some minutes and that broke my rhythm a little bit. I needed three points to recover my confidence, but then things went well. I'm not sure about it, but I took some options to avoid the green zones. I don't know if they were the best options, but physically I felt good, it was the first stage and I wait now for the next days.

I found it a very well drawn course, very varied, with very different places, some of them very easy, other ones more detailed. That required a very active Orienteering which I liked a lot.

The next two races are Medium Distance, and there there is no effort management, it's going to be full speed. It will be very intense and I like that. Tomorrow's race won't bring many surprises, since we already know the terrain, but I keep my biggest expectations for monday. I think it will be a very interesting race.”

Thierry Gueorgiou


“It wasn't a perfect race. I made two big mistakes, I think I lost about five minutes. I think I'm someone who can make a really better time. But it's nice to be on the track again, I really like the terrains for Portugal O' Meeting every year.

I feel very good, my physical shape is good. It's my first international competition of the year, after the twins were born, so I will see what the results will be like. I have a good feeling but, of course, there is a long way to World Championships.

I hope I can do the next races a little bit better, I hope the terrains will be even nicer than these last two days, I am looking forward to doing the other races.”

Simone Niggli


Follow the Portugal O' Meeting at http://www.pom.pt/en/ or here, on your Portuguese Orienteering Blog.


Joaquim Margarido

No comments:

Post a Comment