Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Agata Ludwiczak: "ETOC will be my next important lesson"



Against all odds, Poland insists on keeping alive the flame of TrailO. Agata Ludwiczak is one of the most visible faces of the discipline in that country of the Eastern Europe and the only representative of Poland competing at the European Championships. A few days before the start of the event, we wanted to hear her expectations and ambitions.


It's good to see you again, back to the big competitions. Was it difficult, to “get the ticket” to the ETOC in Portugal?

Agata Ludwiczak (A. L.) - It wasn't easy. We don't have a lot of competitors in Poland and this is not a very popular discipline between us, so I didn't have problems of being “on the list”. But I had to organize the money and everything for me and my assistants. And it wasn't easy :)

What did you feel when you realize that the ETOC 2014 would be held in Portugal? Was it strange?

A. L. - No, it wasn't strange. Why? I know that you don't have a long TrailO history, but I believe in your organization skills. It was a brave decision. I wish you luck and I hope for a great event.

Is it your first time in Portugal? What do you know about this country?

A. L. - It's my first time in Portugal, yes, and I'm very excited. I've learnt a lot about Portugal and I'm really curious. I'm going to spend some days in Porto, than in Lisbon, I hope to see the Cabo da Roca and some other places before ETOC. And I have an “absolutely must eat” short list :))) *

How did you prepare yourself for the competition?

A. L. - I did some local competitions and online TempO training.

What kind of event do you expect?

A. L. - I think that it will be a nice event with nice people, great competitors, difficult courses, interesting terrains and good weather (I'm checking the forecast every day and I'm really happy that I can see 22º - 24º C).

Can you point the best candidates to the European titles?

A. L. - My fingers are crossed for our neighbours - friends from Czech Republic and (with special thanks) for Jahn Petersen, from Denmark.

PreO or TempO?

A. L. - Generally, I'm still learning, so ETOC will be my next important lesson. Because of my disability, I need some help with the maps during TempO and it makes me nervous, I can't focus like I wished... PreO is easier for me, with more time for decision.

What is your main goal for the season?

A. L. - To keep my ranking position in Poland and to do good results in ETOC

Would you like to make a wish for the European Championships?

A. L. - Only for you, organizers: GOOD LUCK!

Joaquim Margarido

* The Portuguese Orienteering Blog believes that, on the Agata's "short list", we can find the "Francesinha".

No comments:

Post a Comment